Saturday, May 22, 2010

Disciplinary Transformation



That’s the name of my design studio course. It’s an interesting course, how to generate a musical compositional technique into architecture. It was really difficult to understand at the beginning, especially with all of this musical language. As a result, I was fail in my first assignment, my approach was wrong. O M G, I was so sad and depressed when I was fail, my confidence’s drop, I felt stupid and bla..bla.. I was crying too L that was the time in my blog where I wrote about crying, depressed and so on.

Then, I moved on, I don’t know where the confidence came back from, and it’s good. I started to cheers myself and thought that I have to be positive, that I can try to do my best. I started to look back at the theory, try research them better. Then I became a student that I used to hate when I was in high school, LooL. The student who always wait for the lecturer after the class and asked him things. Yeah.. I used to be a lazy student, well, not lazy, but I prefer to play than study..for sure ..:p but now..I’m not saying that I’m diligent, but I can say that I care more, and I don’t want to be fail for the second time (I don’t know yet though, if I’m gonna pass or fail for my second assignment, I hope I’ll pass).

Today was my presentation. It was…hmm, I can’t say great, but I was ok. I think I could defense myself and answer the juror’s question. They didn’t agree for everything I said though, but well, I did my best. I just leave the rest to the God..Hopefully I’ll pass….AAAmiiiinnnn…J

I’m gonna tell you what I did here; I’ll put some of my drawing. OO, wait!! There’s something that I wanna tell you. Last night was crazy!!. So, here’s the things,

I supposed to present today, and last night I feel a sleep 4 hours…, then.. I finished my drawing already, put the material on 3dmax software. Just need to set the camera and light to render them.<-- that’s the architecture students things, you might be familiar with that. But…something unexpected happened!!! Suddenly I couldn’t open the file. My software didn’t work!! I was so stress!! It was due in 12 hours!! I thought I’m gonna die.

Then, I’m so happy that we have internet nowadays, a friend of mine is online on YM. Great… I told him all the things and he was really nice to let me send him the files and he’ll checked it for me. It worked!!I sent him the files, he rendered it for me, even though the materials were not appear, because the material that I used before were from my computer. Anyway, it worked then I fixed them in Photoshop ( ooo..I love photoshop…it’s the best program ever that help you in so many ways). And here are some of my work :D




ps: it's written last night, I couldn't post it, because my internet connection was stupid last night

No comments:

Post a Comment